What Is YouTube Marketing?Top Advantages of YouTube Marketing
Boost Your Business with the Advantages of YouTube Marketing
When it comes to digital marketing, there are a multitude of platforms for you to choose from. While popular sites such as Facebook, Instagram, or your company’s website are great places to invest in, having a YouTube channel might just be the best place to promote your business online.
When people love video as much as we do, it’s worth considering video as part of your marketing strategy. And, of course, by a video we mean YouTube. If you haven’t yet made YouTube marketing part of your overall plan, read on for six reasons why you should consider YouTube marketing.
What Is YouTube Marketing?
YouTube Marketing is the process of promoting your business on YouTube through videos and ads. Because video is an extremely powerful medium, YouTube is growing faster than any other platform out there. It is the second most visited site in the world after Google. So if you want to diversify your traffic sources or even just get your business in front of your target audience, YouTube marketing is the answer.
Top Advantages of YouTube Marketing
1. Heavy Traffic
- YouTube gets 30 million visitors per day
- 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute
- 68 percent of YouTube users say that videos help them in their purchasing decisions
- The number of small and medium business advertising on YouTube has doubled over the last two years
- YouTube is available in a total of 76 different languages (this covers about 95 percent of the Internet population)
- YouTube has its own local versions in more than 88 countries
2. Higher Visibility on Google
You might have noticed that videos are appearing more often than other forms of content on Google’s search results. You can take advantage of this by writing high-quality content on your website and creating videos from this content on YouTube. Doing so will create backlinks to your website, which means that your business will be found more often on Google search. By utilizing YouTube marketing, you are also increasing the online authority of your business. The more authoritative you are on Google, the higher your page will rank on the Google search engine result page.
Here are some tips you can use to increase the authority of your website using YouTube:
- Get other websites to embed your videos on their websites
- Associate your website with your YouTube channel
- Share your videos on other social media platforms
- Use different video styles to engage more with your consumers
3. Build Your Email List on YouTube
One big advantage of YouTube marketing is that you can build your email list through YouTube. There are a number of software available that allow you to embed your sign-up form directly into YouTube videos. A video can be paused temporarily for the viewer to enter their information and subscribe to your list. This approach makes it easier to build your email list while providing quality content to your audience at the same time.
- Use lead magnets
- Add annotations
- Add cards
- Run YouTube ads
4. Higher Conversion Rates
If a picture speaks a thousand words, a video makes up for a million words. Moreover, videos can evoke emotion more than any other form of content. They take your messages from static text to dynamic and engaging, and bring your business to life. They also help to build trust and authority among people in a unique way. This entertaining and engaging form of content has the power to increase your conversion rate by 80 percent.
5. Multiple Video Types
Another crucial advantage of YouTube marketing is the different types of videos you can create to showcase your brand online. The most common types of videos on YouTube are explainer videos, sales videos, social media videos, presentation videos, and video ads. You can more easily reproduce one content to many different types. If you’re wondering what type of videos to create, here are a few tips:
- Make engaging and funny videos
- Answer common questions (think of the most common questions you can get from potential customers about your business, your products, and services)
- Show how your brand works in behind-the-scenes videos
- Create testimonials from customers
- Go live